Ḥaḍrat Bashīruddīn Maḥmūd Aḥmad, Khalīfatul Masīh II (ra), during the time of first Aḥmadiyya Khilāfat, in February 1911, wrote an essay on the subject of “Mann Anṣārī Ilallāh” (Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah [3:53]). In this article, he identified the rules and regulations for becoming a member of Anjuman Anṣārullāh and for self purification. Some of these are given below:
- It will be obligatory for every member to continuously study and teach the Holy Qur‘ān and the Traditions of the Holy Prophet (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
- It will be obligatory for every member to facilitate conciliation and harmony among each member of the Aḥmadiyya community, and refrain from fighting and quarreling. When there is a dispute, it should be solved among each other, or the guidance of the Khalīfah of the time should be sought.
- Safeguard from all variety of suspicions, as they destroy unity and accord.
- The members of this Majlis should strive to establish a relationship of unity among themselves, and pray for mutual bond building. According of the teachings of the Holy Prophet (pbuh), members who are close friends, should invite each other over and exchange gifts to nurture mutual affection (Muwaṭṭa, 47.4.16).
- Show kindness in general, and to the members in particular, and help each other at time of need.
- Do your best in remembering Allah (Tasbīḥ and Taḥmīd).
- As there are countless favors of the Holy Prophet upon us, members should send Darūd on him in abundance, and not just during the course of the Salat. While invoking Darūd, add the world Khalifah, and especially keep the Promised Messiah in mind.
- Members of this Majlis should be extra careful in the obedience of the Khalīfatul-Masīh.
- Observe Salat on time and regularly try and offer Nawafil, extra Prayers, charity, alms, and fasting, as spiritual advancement is possible with Nawafil (optional acts of obeisance).
(Badr, Qadian, February 23, 1911)
Ḥaḍrat Muslih al Mau ̳ud (ra) explained the reasoning for the creation of the auxiliary organization Majlis Khuddamul Aḥmadiyya, Anṣārullāh and Atfalul Aḥmadiyya in his Friday sermon of September 29, 1944.
“We have to reform the whole world. We have to bring the entire world to bow before God Almighty bring the entire world under the fold of Aḥmadiyyat, and to establish the kingdom of God all over the world. But this grand task cannot be performed until all members of our community children, youth, or elderly organize themselves internally and follow this code of conduct day and night. For this internal improvement and completion of organization, I have established the auxiliary organizations of KhuddamulAḥmadiyya, Anṣārullāh, and Atfalul Aḥmadiyya.”
(AlFaḍl, Oct 11, 1944)
Ḥaḍrat Khalīfatul-MasīhII (may Allah be pleased with him) said,
“It is not sufficient for you to improve yourself. You should try to improve your surroundings, and strive both individually and collectively for this end, and pray collectively towards this goal, and pray collectively to Allah for this.
Thus, it is for this reason that I have established Majlis Anṣārullāh, Majlis Khuddamul-Aḥmadiyya, and Majlis Atfalul-Aḥmadiyya.”
(Al-Faḍl, August 6, 1945)